Welcome to the Panopto Community

Please note: All new registrants to the Panopto Community Forum must be approved by a forum moderator or admin. As such, if you navigate to a feature that is members-only, you may receive an error page if your registration has not yet been approved. We apologize for any inconvenience and are approving new members as quickly as possible.
Options

How to work around the consent prompt when generating a token?

Hi,

I am trying to generate a token for the Panopto API through our ticketing system and it is appending the query parameter "prompt=consent" to the authorization URL by default. When I go to generate a token, at first, a pop-up window appears to log in to Panopto. After logging in, the window becomes blank and has the title "Consent Required" with no way to move past that screen. I have reached out to our ticketing system's support, but they are unable to change that default behavior at the time. Is there a way to allow the consent prompt to appear by entering the right Redirect or CORS Origin URL? Or a way to work around it?

I was able to generate a token through Postman following the Panopto documentation and it seems that the only difference is that prompt parameter.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Isaac

Tagged:

Answers

• Options

What software are you using to talk to the API outside of Postman?

If Python 3 then does the folders-cli/sample.py work assuming the right credentials?

Also which API client type did you use?

• Options

Hi Brian,

Our ticketing system is TeamDynamix. I'm trying to generate a token for a Web Service Auth Account as listed in their documentation here: https://solutions.teamdynamix.com/TDClient/1965/Portal/KB/ArticleDet?ID=20961 . As they mention there, they automatically pass the "prompt" parameter with the authorization endpoint. Once I fill in the fields and click Generate Token, that brings up the window to log in to Panopto and then the empty window to provide consent.

I am using a server-side web application.

Thanks,

Isaac

• Options
    Kevin BaumKevin Baum Panopto Employee

Hi Issac,

We may need some additional information in order to look into this further for you. Can you please have your POC open a support ticket with Panopto? If you need any assistance with opening a support ticket, please message @Caitlin McCabe .

Thanks,

Kevin

• Options

Hi @Isaac Ramirez,

I see that you had already opened a ticket regarding this and were asked to post in the forum. To make things easier, I've reopened your ticket and let our Support team member know you still need assistance with this, per Kevin's instruction. I will also add your local Panopto administrator (POC) to the Support ticket so that they can assist you. Please keep an eye out for additional correspondence regarding this matter.

If you have any additional questions, please feel free to ask - we're always happy to help!

Best wishes,

Cait

• Options

Hi Cait and Kevin,

Sorry for the late reply. Thank you for re-opening my support ticket. I will follow up through there.

Best,

Isaac