Welcome to the Panopto Community

Please note: All new registrants to the Panopto Community Forum must be approved by a forum moderator or admin. As such, if you navigate to a feature that is members-only, you may receive an error page if your registration has not yet been approved. We apologize for any inconvenience and are approving new members as quickly as possible.
Options

Amend request access emails to Panopto admins

edited December 2022 in General Q&A

Hi,

Is it possible to amend the admins mailing list so the the 'Access Request' mail (see attached) is not sent to all Panopto site administrators by default when a student needs access to a certain video.

There are some Panopto system admins who do not want to receive these emails. I could not find any setting in the Admin Settings page.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards

George

Answers

• Options
    KathrynKathryn Administrator

Hi George,

The Support Team has access to some additional settings and could make this change for you. One of your organization's authorized points of contact with Panopto would need to open up a support ticket with the list of users to be notified. Please let me know if you'd like me to send you a list of your points of contact to get this going.

• Options

Hi Kathryn,

Many thanks for your quick response. Yes please, can you send me the list of our organisations points of contact.

Regards

George

• Options

I just sent you a direct message with that information. Let me know if you need any additional assistance - happy to help!

• Options

Hi Kathryn,

When I tried to send the email instead of the point of contact. I received the following message. See attached screenshot.

So, does this mean only the points of contact can send this request to [email protected]?

Regards

George

• Options

@George Christopher Yes, only points of contact can open support tickets.

• Options

Thanks Cathryn