Welcome to the Panopto Community

Please note: All new registrants to the Panopto Community Forum must be approved by a forum moderator or admin. As such, if you navigate to a feature that is members-only, you may receive an error page if your registration has not yet been approved. We apologize for any inconvenience and are approving new members as quickly as possible.
At Panopto, we love how committed our customers are to making Panopto a better product - please feel free to share your feature ideas or vote on existing ideas in this category!

Before submitting a feature request, make sure to read our Guidelines & Expectations post

Once your idea is submitted, it will be marked as 'Tracked' when added to our internal feature requests system.

Disable VSP only

I was glad to see that Panopto has increased the number of options for Variable-Speed Playback.

However, there is still no option to disable variable-speed playback only (while retaining the ability to go backwards and forwards in a video). Without this option, anyone who begins a video and then wants to resume it later cannot do so; he'd have to restart the video from the beginning. Another option that would allow a similar result would be if the last viewed spot could be recalled when returning to a video (after closing the window/app). However, it seems like it would be much more straightforward to simply include an option to disable variable-speed playback only.

4 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• I support adding the option to only restrict VSP without restricting seek altogether.

With that said, one should be able to play a video and resume where they left off when they return to the video (their position should be retained) in Panopto now, even with Restrict VSP in place. I know that there is a site setting to control this functionality, but I am not 100% on the default state.

• Thank you, I'll look into this! But yes, like you, regardless of whether this is possible, I'd still like a "disable VSP only" feature!