Welcome to the Panopto Community

Please note: All new registrants to the Panopto Community Forum must be approved by a forum moderator or admin. As such, if you navigate to a feature that is members-only, you may receive an error page if your registration has not yet been approved. We apologize for any inconvenience and are approving new members as quickly as possible.

Answers

• Caitlin McCabeCaitlin McCabe Administrator

Hi Dominic,

This looks like an issue for our Support team. Since I don't see one in our system for this error yet, I'll go ahead and submit a ticket on your behalf. Keep an eye out for an email from our Support team.

Best wishes,

Cait

• Hi Cait,

Thanks a bunch - I'll be looking forward to hearing back from them.

Best,

Dominic Ariate

• What was the answer for this one? Faculty at my school are also experiencing the "Unrecoverable failures in audio or video recording" error message when trying to record video lectures on a Mac.

Hi @Lisa Brizzo,

That sounds like an issue our Support team should take a look at, in case it is something different than what caused Dominic's initial inquiry. I can submit a ticket on your behalf, if you'd like.

Let me know either way - I'm happy to help :-)

Best wishes,

Cait

• Thanks Cait. Sure, thank you for submitting a ticket. I look forward to hearing from them. Best, Lisa

• Hi we're getting the same error, sporadically, also on Macs -- any update?

• No resolution for us. We opened a ticket, but the end users didn't want to have a tech remote into their Mac.

Hi @Dave Coker,

As I mentioned to Lisa above, this is an issue our Support team should take a look at, in case it is something different than what caused Dominic's initial inquiry. I'm happy to submit a ticket on your behalf, if you'd like, but with the added note that Support may request to remote into the user's computer while working on the ticket with them.

Let me know either way - we're happy to help!

Best wishes,

Cait