Welcome to the Panopto Community

Please note: All new registrants to the Panopto Community Forum must be approved by a forum moderator or admin. As such, if you navigate to a feature that is members-only, you may receive an error page if your registration has not yet been approved. We apologize for any inconvenience and are approving new members as quickly as possible.

How to prevent viewers from seeing unpublished videos?

Hi,

I configured and linked my Panopto account with a course on Blackboard. The folder is set to give access to specific people, only people from my course may view the sessions in my folder. Under my view (on Blackboard), those unpublished videos have a short sentence under the video name saying "Not available to viewers". But I was just being told by my colleagues that they were able to see those unpublished videos in my Panopto folder. How could this happen? I can't seem to unlink the course from my Panopto account (will get error message if I try to re-configure the course), it won't let me. How do I prevent other viewers, who have access to my Panopto folder, from seeing my unpublished videos?

My last question posted on this forum about the Presenter View was not resolved as well. Class will begin next week and I need to resolve these problems soon. If you are not able to answer my question, could you at least direct me to someone who could help? I can provide screenshots to prove that I'm not making up these problems.

Answers

• Caitlin McCabeCaitlin McCabe Administrator

Hi Jer Pin,

I'm sorry I missed your follow-up message on the other post. Since it seems like you've had a couple of issues, I'm going to submit a Support ticket on your behalf and let your local Panopto administrator know, as well. Please keep an eye out for email correspondence regarding this matter.

If you have any additional questions, please feel free to let me know - I'm happy to help!

Best wishes,

Cait

• Thanks Cait!

Jer Pin