Welcome to the Panopto Community

Please note: All new registrants to the Panopto Community Forum must be approved by a forum moderator or admin. As such, if you navigate to a feature that is members-only, you may receive an error page if your registration has not yet been approved. We apologize for any inconvenience and are approving new members as quickly as possible.

Cannot select audio option: multiple errors

Hello. I'm having some issues selecting an audio source. I have the following errors:

"Media pipeline failure: 0x80004005"

and

"An item with the same key has already been added."

When I plug my headset into my laptop and record myself using the Windows Camera app, it receives my input, so I think the problem is exclusive to the software.

Answers

• Caitlin McCabeCaitlin McCabe Administrator

Hi Marisa,

I spoke with another member of my team, and we believe this is a matter for our Support team. In order to properly connect you with them, may I ask if you are using Panopto through your organization or as an individual user (such as through a Free or Pro account)?

Best wishes,

Cait

• Hello Cait,

Sorry to high jack this thread. I am having the same issue with the latest version of Panopto we recently just started to put webcams in our classroom due to Covid-19 and in our test we did not have any issues now that semester is starting these errors are popping up. Our work around is using the beta web version which is not ideal. We are on an Organization account. hpu.hosted.panopto.com with signin with blackboard linked to SSO.

Thanks

Kristopher "Topher" Schlund

Hawaii Pacific University

Information Technology Technical Analyst II