Welcome to the Panopto Community

Please note: All new registrants to the Panopto Community Forum must be approved by a forum moderator or admin. As such, if you navigate to a feature that is members-only, you may receive an error page if your registration has not yet been approved. We apologize for any inconvenience and are approving new members as quickly as possible.
At Panopto, we love how committed our customers are to making Panopto a better product - please feel free to share your feature ideas or vote on existing ideas in this category!

Before submitting a feature request, make sure to read our Guidelines & Expectations post

Once your idea is submitted, it will be marked as 'Tracked' when added to our internal feature requests system.
Options

Publishers Gain Page to View Videos Which Require Approval

A hub or page where users with the publisher role are able to see a full list of the videos which need approval.

This will make it much easier for publishers to find and approve videos, streamlining the process of approval.

7 votes

Tracking · Last Updated

Comments

• Options

Hi! I came to these forums to request the same feature today.

I agree - I think that having a central place where "publishers" can go to see "all" videos in which they have access to publish, would be quite helpful. It can likely be added as another button on the left-side panel, and, similar to "In Progress", only be seen when there are actions required.

Folks who are in roles that aren't typically a 'video approver' may often forget that they have videos that are waiting their approval. Also, when there are multiple approvers on a folder, this helps to avoid the question of "has this already been approved" or "has the other approver not approved it yet".

Thanks!

• Options

Maybe this could be rolled into some sort of an overall moderation function. It could be available to anyone with Creator+ for videos that they have access to then they could review content and filter down to content that they have control over to review content complaints, review publish requests (if they have access to publish), and quickly audit their content.

I would be all in for this sort of an interface.

• Options

This would also make the email approval workflow much more streamlined. Is this being prioritized at this time?

This is a must-have feature for most enterprise organizations since we need a approval workflow before allowing content to be published to the entire organization.