Welcome to the Panopto Community

Please note: All new registrants to the Panopto Community Forum must be approved by a forum moderator or admin. As such, if you navigate to a feature that is members-only, you may receive an error page if your registration has not yet been approved. We apologize for any inconvenience and are approving new members as quickly as possible.

LTI link to video ends Moodle session

I've just setup the LTI integration to Panopto with Moodle, and when I attempt to use it I get logged out of Moodle.

I choose the Panopto LTI tool in Moodle, then I choose the Select Content Button. This brings me to a pop-up window of my relevant Panopto videos and I choose one that has a quiz. When I click the Insert button, it appears to end my existing Moodle session and takes me to the Moodle login page (which is also our auth for the Panopto site). And I try to do anything else in Moodle, I have to log in again.

This didn't happen the first time I setup the LTI. Is there a parameter or something I'm missing? Why would this happen?

I'm using Moodle 3.8.3.

Tagged:

Comments

• I continue to see this behavior intermittently. The Chrome console reports:

A cookie associated with a cross-site resource at <URL> was set without the `SameSite` attribute. It has been blocked, as Chrome now only delivers cookies with cross-site requests if they are set with `SameSite=None` and `Secure`. You can review cookies in developer tools under Application>Storage>Cookies and see more details at <URL> and <URL>.

• Caitlin McCabeCaitlin McCabe Administrator

Hi Carly,

I'm sorry to hear this - it definitely sounds like an issue for our Support team. I'll submit a Support ticket on your behalf, and let your local Panopto administrator know about this, as well. Please keep an eye out for correspondence regarding this matter.

If you have any additional questions, please feel free to ask - we're always happy to help.

Best wishes,

Cait

• @Carly Born We're currently experiencing this same issue. We've contacted support but they're a little overwhelmed at the moment. Did they get back to you with a fix?

Many thanks,

Richard

• @Richard Heath yes, actually it was not specific to Panopto, it was for all LTI tools. The issue was that our Moodle was using PHP 7.1, which does not support the SameSite attribute of secure cookies. So we had to upgrade our PHP to 7.3, and the problem went away.

• Ah brilliant, thanks Carly. We're on 7.2.5, but I'm hoping it's the same problem. We'll look at upgrading asap to see if it fixes the issue for us too.

Thanks again,

Richard