Welcome to the Panopto Community

Please note: All new registrants to the Panopto Community Forum must be approved by a forum moderator or admin. As such, if you navigate to a feature that is members-only, you may receive an error page if your registration has not yet been approved. We apologize for any inconvenience and are approving new members as quickly as possible.
Options

How to add Shownotes in Panopto Podcasts

Hi everyone.

I'm checking the podcasts features of Panopto and am quite happy about how easy it is to publish Podcasts. In my Podcast App (Antenna Pod) I'm unable to add any shownotes, with links to source material oder jumpmarks.

If it's possible I'd be very glad for showing me the right direction.

Regards

Roland

Best Answer

• Options
    Caitlin McCabeCaitlin McCabe Administrator
    Answer ✓

Hi Roland,

My apologies, podcast feeds do not support shownotes. Because of this, we recommend viewing Panopto videos using our mobile application. To learn more about the mobile app, please see How to Use the Panopto Mobile App.

If you have any more questions, please let us know - we're always happy to help!

Best wishes,

Cait

Answers

• Options

I believe I should have a feature request that was submitted to support a few years ago along with a support ticket to enhance the podcast options in Panopto. One was to include some dedicated fields for both folders and sessions when the RSS feed is on for a folder, the other was to allow external users to subscribe to Panopto folders using an email address.

I would love to see podcast syndication be supported end-to-end by Panopto so we can stop using middleware to build the feed.