Welcome to the Panopto Community

Please note: All new registrants to the Panopto Community Forum must be approved by a forum moderator or admin. As such, if you navigate to a feature that is members-only, you may receive an error page if your registration has not yet been approved. We apologize for any inconvenience and are approving new members as quickly as possible.
Options

Panopto 360 and VR display on phone

edited May 2021 in General Q&A

Hi,

I'm interested in if anyone has used the 360 display settings? I found uploading and setting the display to 360 as easy as other platforms. The trouble I have is when I view back on my phone screen it is really reactive. I can't workout how to adjust the sensitivity. Interested in any suggestions or experience with this feature.

Thank you

Best Answer

• Options
    Caitlin McCabeCaitlin McCabe Administrator
    Answer ✓

Hi Claire,

I spoke with the team that manages our mobile application. They have confirmed a known bug within the VR/360 plugin. Our team is working with the developer to fix this; however, there is no ETA for a fix at this time.

As soon as I hear anything else regarding this matter, I will keep you updated.

Best wishes,

Cait

Answers

• Options

Hello Cait,

I was hoping it was user error on my part, or just my phone.

It works fine on desktop view for now, but will be a really cool feature once it's fixed. Interested to see what happens with this feature in the educational setting.

Claire

• Options

Hello,

I've downloaded the latest update of the Panopto App. I've found is that that pure VR mode is still overly responsive, flicks around all over the place. However, the general viewing now has navigation by moving the phone/device around.

• Options

Will 360 videos play back in the mobile app, or is it only for goggles and computer/laptop for now?