Welcome to the Panopto Community

Please note: All new registrants to the Panopto Community Forum must be approved by a forum moderator or admin. As such, if you navigate to a feature that is members-only, you may receive an error page if your registration has not yet been approved. We apologize for any inconvenience and are approving new members as quickly as possible.

Community Contest! [Closed]

Caitlin McCabeCaitlin McCabe Administrator
edited August 2020 in Equipment

Now announcing our first Community contest, Hype Your Hardware!

From now until August 11th, post about your favorite piece of Panopto hardware to the Equipment category of our forum and tell us why you love it. The three winners will each receive a $75 gift card of their choice of Amazon, Starbucks, or Visa. Note: winners will be randomly selected from the list of those who enter.

Some of our favorite hardware can be found in this article: Learn About Officially Endorsed Panopto Hardware. We look forward to hearing about your favorite Panopto hardware, how you use it, and why you love it!

Best wishes (and good luck!),

Cait

p.s. If you want a great example of how to post for this contest, check out Jay's post: Simple but high quality home equipment setup.

Comments

• He ate MTSU we have many configurations, in general:

Remote Recorder appliance: Epiphian Pearl Mini - we will have over 400 of these int he classrooms

Cameras:

Classrooms: Vaddio PTZ (Various models) and Atlona HDMI/USB

Wedbcams: Logitech (C920, Brio and other models)

MICS:

Classrooms: Sure lapel wireless (various models), Extron Lapel Wireless, Samson wireless, MXL AC-404 Room Mic

Faculty Mics: Revolabs Xtags, Blue, ATR, etc.

USB DOC CAMS: Ziggi HD, ELMO MX-a, Solo 8

• Caitlin McCabeCaitlin McCabe Administrator

@Carlos Coronel That's awesome! Feel free to submit this information as its own post to the Equipment category so other users can learn about this equipment :-)

Cheers,

Cait

• Elba RiosElba Rios Whiz Kid
    edited July 2020

Focusrite Scarlett i2i for audio interface. https://focusrite.com/en/usb-audio-interface/scarlett/scarlett-2i2

Affordable and easy to use USB wireless systems: Samson XPD2 Headset USB Digital Wireless System; Samson XPD2 Lavalier USB Digital Wireless System; Samson XPD2 Handheld USB Digital Wireless Microphone System

• Caitlin McCabeCaitlin McCabe Administrator

Hi @Elba Rios,

Great recommendation! Feel free to submit this information as its own post to the Equipment category so other users can learn about this equipment 🙂

Cheers,

Cait

• Here at the University of Cyprus we are new to Panopto but I had the chance to test a few hardware configurations. While using a computer with peripherals its enough for the most of the cases, I' ve found that using a dedicated encoder to stream lectures adds more value to the process. In our case, we are using the Epiphan Pearl Mini. With multiple video and audio inputs/outputs, a touch screen and full integration with Panopto it's really up to the task! You really have to try it... And good luck to everyone for the contest! :)

• Our favourite piece of hardware is the Delcom indicator light/switch. Not only does it clearly indicate when recording is in progress but it also allows our lecturers to control their prescheduled recordings (start early, pause and finish early). The light goes to amber during pause mode so it also serves as a visual reminder to begin the recording again after a break! It's really neat bit of kit. It's easy to instal and easy to use.

• Stacy CohenStacy Cohen Crackerjack

@Katie Jack, that light is awesome! I am totally going to get one for working from home. When we ever return to work, I think this will be a valuable piece of equipment for my shared office as well. Thanks so much for mentioning this!

• For our home/office recorders, I highly recommend the Yeti mike. The sound quality is great, and it's easy to set up. And it looks like an old-time radio mike, so it's kind of fun to use.

• Our favorite piece of equipment is the Seneca appliances. The reason why is that they just work (knock on wood). We have a few dozen appliances and so far we have had zero issues. They only work I have done on them is to update the remote recorder software as needed.