Welcome to the Panopto Community

Please note: All new registrants to the Panopto Community Forum must be approved by a forum moderator or admin. As such, if you navigate to a feature that is members-only, you may receive an error page if your registration has not yet been approved. We apologize for any inconvenience and are approving new members as quickly as possible.

User is receiving the following: 'Error: Media Pipeline Failure: 0x80004005' ; Next steps?

A user in my organization is experiencing the following error code (attached below) when selecting her built-in video camera on her Microsoft Surface Laptop. Is there any reason for this - we've experienced a similar issue like this with the Mac version of the Panopto Desktop App client involving the Facetime HD Camera for MacBooks.

Answers

• Caitlin McCabeCaitlin McCabe Administrator

Hi Dominic,

This would be an issue for our Support team. To expedite this matter, and to make things easier for you, I will submit a ticket to our Support team on your behalf.

If you have any more questions, please feel free to ask - we're always happy to help!

Best wishes,

Cait

• Hello Cait,

I work at University of Waikato, my staff members has the same issue

can you please help??

need help asap.

email us back on [email protected]

and [email protected]

• Caitlin McCabeCaitlin McCabe Administrator

Hi Oligo,

I will go ahead and submit a Support ticket on your behalf, as well as contact your local Panopto administrator to let them know you and your staff members are having this issue. Please keep an eye out for correspondence from the Panopto Support team regarding this matter.

If you have any additional questions, please feel free to ask - we're always happy to help!

Best wishes,

Cait