Welcome to the Panopto Community

Please note: All new registrants to the Panopto Community Forum must be approved by a forum moderator or admin. As such, if you navigate to a feature that is members-only, you may receive an error page if your registration has not yet been approved. We apologize for any inconvenience and are approving new members as quickly as possible.

Panopto HIPPA / FERPA Compliance

Elba RiosElba Rios Whiz Kid
edited February 2021 in Product Questions

I cannot find information about Panopto HIPPA / FERPA Compliance. Please add information in the Panopto website. Thank you!

Comments

• Hi Elba,

I'm going to have your Customer Success Advocate reach out about this - please keep an eye out for correspondence from them.

Best wishes,

Cait

• Thank you @Cait McCabe, I have been in touch with my Success Advocate. He's been very helpful. I added this topic here because I thought it would be of interest and beneficial to the Panopto community. Thank you.

• I think best practice in FERPA compliant video usage for education would be a useful topic for all of us in higher ed.

• Back to your original question, @Elba Rios, did you ever receive or did you find any HIPAA/FERPA compliance statements that were publicly available? I have asked the Panopto point of contact at my institution to reach out to our CSA and get information.